I Should Get a Real Job

Here’s an email exchange I had with a desperate soul:

To: Lip Balm Anonymous
Fr: J.R. D.

I’m looking for a particular lip balm I used to buy and now can’t find. It is Dr. something or other that starts with a D and is a little expensive. Can you help? Thanks.

Here is our response:

To: J.R. D.
Fr: Lip Balm Anonymous

I’m sorry but we do not help enable addiction.

This is our standard response when people ask us to help them obtain lip balm. The reasons should be obvious, but suffice it to say our purpose remains as ever to help people to remain free from lip balm.

And here is the response from J.R..

To: Lip Balm Anonymous
Fr: J.R. D.

What in the heck is this supposed to mean? All I wanted was information on where to buy something to keep my lips from being dry and cracked. I think you’re cracked if you think this is an addiction. Maybe you should get a real job, one that people like you can do.

Clearly our friend J.R. is in denial about his addiction. We can only hope that with the help of family and friends that recovery will be a part of his new year’s resolutions.

Filed under Industry of Addiction · Tagged with

Comments

7 Responses to “I Should Get a Real Job”
  1. Tascha says:

Hey

I was joking about being addicted to Lip Balm the other day, because i use it like 4-5 times an hour and if i wake up in the middle of the night i search frantically for my Lip Balm didn’t think it was such a serious issue until i found this sight and i realize it is real. And my boyfriend asked me the the other day if i can stop using it because he just doesn’t like the taste of it and i was like why, but maybe i should quite before it causes problems. And i will admit i go out of my way to get Lip Balm.

2. upset in utah says:

I’m concerned that my girlfriend is using chapstick brand lip balm too frequently. What can I do?

3. george says:

Hi my name is George. I do agree lip balm is addicting. I m recently begining to realize this. I m going to quit. Please wish me luck and give me strength my brothers and my sisters.

4. Erik says:

Even though this guy is a jerk, it’s sad and surprising that you aim even lower below the belt by posting this on here. This only makes you look like the bigger asshole.

5. Anonymous says:

I agree with the person above, though the email J.R. sent was very rude you didnt have to post it on here just to embarrass him. You’ve showed your true colors to him which was what he probably wanted you to do, in addition you just made yourself look just as rude as him. I realize that he’s infuriated you in a way but this is not the correct way todeal with such people. You should have just ignored him/her.

6. Red says:

Dear God, this is really awful. The poor girl/guy was looking for lip balm and thought this was a site to purchase it. In denial? You have no right to speak for other people! You people are indeed cracked, and if I weren’t bored out of my skull and Googling nonsense at 4:45 a.m. I wouldn’t even be bothering with this.

7. Red says:

Look, I feel sorry for J.R. because s/he still has dry cracked lips, and I feel sorry for you guys because you don’t have any hobbies! Sure gave me a laugh, though.